The International Foundation for Protection of Freedom of Speech “Adil soz” is a legal entity registered on April 12, 1999.
Major priority of International Foundation for Protection of Freedom of Speech “Adil soz” is establishment of open civil society over the statement in daily life of the country free, objective and progressive journalism.
The main activity of the Foundation:
- Monitoring of Violations of Freedom of Speech.
- Legal activity. Two draft laws were fulfilled; judicial analysis of more 20 draft laws.
- Educational seminars “Legal protection of journalists and mass media”, “Ethnic standards and legal bases of activity of mass media”, “Linguistic safety of publications of mass media”.
- Preparation and publication for journalists. There was publication of books such as, “How to behave in court”, “The right for information”, “Cover not to incite”, “Your labour rights” and e.g.
- Legal advices of journalists and mass media. Write, call and ask.
- Legal representation of mass media’s in courts.
- Publication of monthly bulletin “Legislation and Practice of Kazakhstan’s Mass Media”
- Expertise of disputable materials in court disputes.
Foundation “Adil soz” implements the project “Protection of Democratic Principles in Central Asian States” in 2003-2007. NGO’s of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan (partners of the project) carry out monitoring of violations of freedom of speech and legal protection of journalists by method of the foundation “Adil soz”.
Since August 2007, “Adil soz” foundation implements the project “Ensure of legal guarantees of development in Central Asia”. The main component of the project is monitoring of Internet’s Network and violation of rights and its users in Kazakhstan.
Bogenbay batyr, 142, Office 828,
tel./fax: +7 (7272) 911670, +7 (7272) 501025, +7 (7272) 501043, +7 (7272) 501051
“Adil soz” projects are supported by the Foundation of Open Society, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, Foundation of Frederic Ebert, USAID, Representative Office of European Commission in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, OSCE, the government of Finland and Great Britain, International Information Network (IFEX) and Netherlands Humanitarian Institute of cooperation with Developed Countries (HIVOS). We offer deep gratitude to our partners for assistance and understanding.